Smells like thinking

Monday, March 05, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare













Beatrice: I wonder that you will still be talking, Signior Benedick: nobody marks you.

Benedick: What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?

Beatrice: Is it possible disdain should die while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick? Courtesy itself must convert to disdain, if you come in her presence.

Benedick: Then is courtesy a turncoat. But it is certain I am loved of all ladies, only you excepted: and I would I could find in my heart that I had not a hard heart; for, truly, I love none.

Beatrice : A dear happiness to women: they would else have been troubled with a pernicious suitor. I thank God and my cold blood, I am of your humour for that: I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.

Benedick: God keep your ladyship still in that mind! so some gentleman or other shall 'scape a predestinate scratched face.

Beatrice: Scratching could not make it worse, an 'twere such a face as yours were.

Benedick:Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher.

Beatrice: A bird of my tongue is better than a beast of yours.

Benedick: I would my horse had the speed of your tongue, and so good a continuer. But keep your way, i' God's name; I have done.

Beatrice: You always end with a jade's trick: I know you of old.


"Sigh no more, ladies, sigh nor more;
Men were deceivers ever;
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never;
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny;
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into. Hey nonny, nonny (...)"




Como eu gosto desta peça de Shakespeare...

Belas tardes que nós passámos a ver este filme na tua casa joana...e belas férias sem televisão...li a peça num instantinho...temos que repetir a sessão de cinema:)

(Primeira imagem retirada de www.ibiblio.org e a segunda de www.greatbooksandfilm.com )

3 Comments:

  • ai ai...esse belo filme =) uma pessoa conhece as piadas todas e mesmo assim não dá para não rir...

    =) beijinhos ***********

    By Blogger marina, at 6:49 PM  

  • oooooooooh.... esse filme é demais! viva o zapping, senao provavelmente viveriamos na ignorancia de tamanho feito cinematografico!...

    e sim, a mnha casa está sempre disponivel para sessões de cinema - é so dizerem para quando é e arranja-se logo um programa janota! hehehe :P

    By Blogger joana, at 5:31 PM  

  • adorável demais :)

    *

    By Blogger sahara, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home